Mr. Davis was born in Wheeling, West Virginia. He attended The Ohio State University where he obtained a B.A. in 1970. Mr. Davis continued his education at The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law where he obtained a J.D. in 1973.
He has been admitted to practice in Ohio in 1973, in Pennsylvania in 1993, and in West Virginia in 2001. He was also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court Bars in Ohio, West Virginia, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Sixth Circuit.
Mr. Davis is a member of the Belmont County Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association, and West Virginia Bar Association and American Bar Association. He is also a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, American Bankruptcy Institute, National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, and Creditor Education Coalition. He is a former president of the Belmont County Bar Association.
Mr. Davis is a former Village Clerk for the Village of Bridgeport, Ohio 1978-1979, County Court Judge Eastern Division, and Belmont County, Ohio 1979-2010. He is a member of Ohio Association of Municipal and County Court Judges.
Mr. Davis has been commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserves in 1972 and has received an Honorable Discharge with the rank of Captain in 1986. Mr. Davis is married to the former Gaetana Savarese of Yorkville, Ohio, and they have one daughter, Francesca, born in 1992.
Mr. Davis’ practice is concentrated in bankruptcy matters, representing consumer and business debtors in Chapter 7 and 13 matters in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Mr. Davis has also been a member of the Panel of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees for the Southern District of Ohio since 1986.
• Bankruptcy – Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
• Bankruptcy Trustee – Chapter 7
Timely intervention and expert advice from a legal representative can help you get through even the most difficult situation easily.
For FREE legal consultations on Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy as well as estates, wills and probate, reach out to Davis & Kotur Law Office Co. LPA in Bridgeport or Steubenville right away. Take advantage of their 46 years of combined legal experience!
• Ohio, 1973
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1974
• Pennsylvania, 1993
• West Virginia, 2001
• U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, 2001
• Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2004
• Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2009
• The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 1973
• The Ohio State University, 1970
• Bachelor of Arts
• Belmont County Bar Association
• Ohio State Bar Association
• West Virginia Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
• American Bar Institute
• National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
• Creditor Education Coalition
• Ohio Association of Municipal and County Court Judges
• Belmont County Court, Eastern Division, Judge since February 1979
• Retired as a judge on December 31, 2010 after 32 years of service
We are licensed in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.